Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lab 4




   The Arc map software proved a bit more difficult to learn than I thought. Its tutorial was designed for an earlier version of the software that had significant differences in look and instructions. The software also was not as intuitive as I would have imagined.
   Once one becomes familiar with how to use it, I can imagine this software to be highly useful to GIS. It offers the possibility to produce highly customizable maps through its many tools for data inclusion.
   In my opinion, however, the software still has a very outdated look and requires navigation through many panels or tool sets to complete simpler tasks.
   I have yet to familiarize myself better with the software to get a better idea of its uses and exactness in illustration but so far, I am excited about continuing to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment